Bayard Swimming Pool
In light of continued COVID-19 safety concerns, the City of Bayard has decided not to open the Bayard Swimming Pool for the 2020 swimming season.
This difficult decision was made by City officials due to concerns that the social distancing measures could not be adequately enforced in an aquatic environment. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread through properly treated water. However, there is a definite concern the virus could be spread in the pool bathhouses, restrooms, on pool ladders, slides, and pool lounge chairs. Based on these and many other factors, it has been determined that in the interest of public health the pool will remain closed for the summer of 2020.
City of Bayard Pool Staff welcomes you to our pool. In order for you and / or your child to use the pool facilities the following regulations and release must be read and completed. It is impart that you discuss the rules and regulations concerning pool use with your children and that you impress upon them the importance of the following rules and regulations. We would ask that you have a plan for picking up your child from the pool in case the pool is closed because of inclement weather. The safety of you and your child is our first and foremost concern. We hope you enjoy your visit with us. Have a fun and safe summer.
Should there be a malfunction in equipment or some other problem arises necessitating closing the pool, your child will be dismissed. Therefore, all children should have an adult they can contact to pick them up at a moment’s notice or a safe place to go should an emergency or unforeseen closing arise.
Therefore, it is in the best interest of you and your children to have discussed and prepared a storm-warning plan. Pool personnel will do all they can to keep your children calm during a bad storm. This would include getting them to a place of safety if necessary. However, this could be quite a task as we have many children to care for. Therefore, please prepare and discuss a storm-warning plan with your children for their sake.
With your cooperation and understanding, we know we will have a fun, safe and enjoyable swimming season. We are looking forward to a great summer!
- All children under 5 years of age and non-swimmers must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult supervision.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in the pool area.
- No person having an obvious communicable disease, skin eruption, cut, sore, or lesions, eye, ear, nose or throat infection, is permitted to use any public swimming pool.
- No person is permitted to use the pool without first having a warm water shower, using soap.
- No person may take food or drink inside the pool enclosure.
- No running, boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports is permitted in the pool, or on the runways, diving boards, floats, platforms, or in the dressing rooms.
- Spitting or spouting of water, blowing the nose, or any similar activities in the swimming pool is strictly prohibited.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admittance or eject from the pool premises, any person failing to comply with any of the above health and safety regulations.
|Family 3 or more||$100.00|
|Pool Parties (6PM to 8PM only)||$100.00|
|July 8-July 18||5&6||8:00AM||$25.00|
|July 8-July 18||3&4||9:00AM||$25.00|
|July 8-July 18||1&2||10:00AM||$25.00|
|July 8-July 11||Pre-School||11:00AM||$15.00|
|July 29-August 9th||5&6||8:00AM||$25.00|
|July 29-August 9th||3&4||9:00AM||$25.00|
|July 29-August 9th||1&2||10:00AM||$25.00|
|July 29-August 1st||Pre-School||11:00AM||$15.00|