Burlington Railroad Depot
The old Burlington Railroad Depot was built in 1928. The quaint brick structure was all but abandoned by Burlington Northern Railroad Company in the 1990’s. Volunteers wanting to preserve the history of the old railroad and sugar beet factory town decided in 1994 to try and convert the old depot into a museum.
Fundraising began, grants were written, and lifetime memberships were sold to 201 individuals. This included selling 50 quilt blocks for $25 a piece to local businesses and individuals. With this money, they were able to refurbish the interior, add green area out doors, and add a handmade ironworks fence.
Museum Awards & Donations The museum opened for it’s first season in 1999. It has won 2 awards already in its short existence. All items are donated and nothing is on loan. Item are continually coming in. They have had so many item donated, that they now have them on display in every part of the depot.