City of Bayard Pool Staff welcomes you to our pool. In order for you and / or your child to use the pool facilities the regulations and release must be read and completed. It is important that you discuss the rules and regulations concerning pool use with your children and that you impress upon them the importance of the following rules and regulations. The safety of you and your child is our first and foremost concern. We hope you enjoy your visit with us. Have a fun and safe summer.
Please remember that the pool is a recreation facility. If you find you must leave your child at the pool for the entire afternoon, please send them with adequate sunscreen and an emergency phone number.
Should there be a malfunction in equipment or some other problem arises necessitating closing the pool, your child will be dismissed. Therefore, all children should have an adult they can contact to pick them up at a moment’s notice or a safe place to go should an emergency or unforeseen closing arise.
Finally, we are asking that you and your child have a storm-warning plan. Should inclement weather arise, your children need to know what they are to do – are they to wait for someone to pick them up or are they to go to a pre-designated storm shelter?
Therefore, it is in the best interest of you and your children to have discussed and prepared a storm-warning plan. Pool personnel will do all they can to keep your children calm during a bad storm. This would include getting them to a place of safety if necessary. However, this could be quite a task as we have many children to care for. Therefore, please prepare and discuss a storm-warning plan with your children for their sake.
- All children under 5 years of age and non-swimmers must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult supervision.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in the pool area.
- No person having an obvious communicable disease, skin eruption, cut, sore, or lesions, eye, ear, nose or throat infection, is permitted to use any public swimming pool.
- No person is permitted to use the pool without first having a warm water shower, using soap.
- No person may take food or drink inside the pool enclosure.
- No running, boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports is permitted in the pool, or on the runways, diving boards, floats, platforms, or in the dressing rooms.
- Spitting or spouting of water, blowing the nose, or any similar activities in the swimming pool is strictly prohibited.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admittance or eject from the pool premises, any person failing to comply with any of the above health and safety regulations.